Sushant’s death mystery: Suicide or murder? Its a common question on everyone’s mind right now from the day of Sushant’s death. The tragic death of Sushant Singh Rajput, one of the most talented actors in Bollywood and the superstar who was known for his genuinity and his down to earth nature, has left millions of his fans devastated. However, his untimely death veils many mysteries; mysteries like if his death was really a suicide, if it was a tactically planned murder, if it was just a part of some larger conspiracy. Well, no one knows the answers for certain. But herein, we shall be trying to dig into the mystery or rather the mysteries, underlying his untimely death.
Why Sushant’s suicide theory seems faulty?
Everyone on their proper senses would find it hard to digest that a person who played video games and drank juice just an hour before, could actually hang himself to death. It’s even harder to believe given the fact that the victim is no one but our beloved superstar “Sushant Singh Rajput”, the man who had had an spotless record on his entire career as an actor and also as an academic. He was a fighter by his very nature; right from his academic excellence as he had bagged himself with the all India 7th rank in national level engineering entrance exam, to becoming one of the most successful superstars in Bollywood’s history, starring in films like Kai Po Che, MS Dhoni, Raabta, Chicchore etc. most of which were huge blockbusters.
The mystery underlying his tragic death is much deeper than it may seem.
So, let’s have a look on the entire set of events:-
Following the sequence of events closely, what could be ascertained was that, the night before he died, he had returned with some friends at around 10.30 and had continued to celebrate, as the neighbours had heard hooting sounds coming from his apartment in Bandra. Two of his friends stayed the night over.
Next morning he goes for a walk, returns and plays games on his PlayStation and then takes a glass of pomegranate juice with him to his room. Later when the cook knocks on his door to ask him what he wanted for lunch, there was no answer. The friends, who stayed overnight, and the cook call a lock man to open his door and find him hanging. They then call Sushant’s sister and the police.
The police arrive and continue with their proceedings including taking his medical file with prescriptions, which was by his bedside table. And his body is taken by his friend, Sandeep Singh, to Cooper Hospital for post mortem. Hours after this, Sushant Singh Rajput’s family allege that he was
murdered and demanded a police investigation in his untimely death, and a forensics team reach his residence to collect evidence the same afternoon.
However, the suicide theory as given by the Maharashtra police has got many loopholes into it. Here are a few reasons for suspicion and some questions which could be hard to have answers for:
Some have alleged that the duplicate keys to his bedroom were missing, (normally a person would entrust duplicate keys, in this case computerized keys, to someone he trusted greatly). If this is true, who had the keys and why were they missing? The cook and two of his friends who had stayed overnight, did not break open the door instead they called a locksmith who makes the key and opens the door. When the key was a computerized one,
how did they get a locksmith to make one so easily and so fast?
Police found his medical documents and prescriptions by his bedside. Why would one normally leave their medical documents there, was it an attempt by someone to show he was depressed and was taking medicines?
- The police reported he had used the bed to hang himself, (there was no stool or chair). This seemed next to impossible, as the height between the bed which is around 1.5 to 2ft height and the fan seemed far too less for a man of 6 ft, weighing around 75 kilos, to hang to death from the video footage that has been seen. This is, of course, assuming that the height of the room is 9 feet. The green cloth, which lay on the bed, was torn and a part of it still hung from the fan, it appeared too flimsy to hold his height and weight.
- Some have alleged that the duplicate keys to his bedroom were missing, (normally a person would entrust duplicate keys, in this case computerized keys, to someone he trusted greatly). If this is true, who had the keys and why were they missing? The cook and two of his friends who had stayed overnight, did not break open the door instead they called a locksmith who makes the key and opens the door. When the key was a computerized one, how did they get a locksmith to make one so easily and so fast?
- Police found his medical documents and prescriptions by his bedside. Why would one normally leave their medical documents there, was it an attempt by someone to show he was depressed and was taking medicines?
- The body itself had strangulation marks that were round in shape and not V-shaped which is how it would look when one commits suicide. Several images showed the dark indent, which could not have been caused by a flimsy dupatta, but something far stronger, like a rope.
- The normal signs of struggle, when a man commits suicide too were missing, his face was neither blue, nor were his eyes or tongue protruding. Instead looking at his images, you notice that there were bruises near his forehead, one eye and arms. One eye was partially open and the skin around it looked dark. How did these bruises appear if it was just a normal case of suicide?
- Fudge, his dog reportedly did not bark or create an alert when all this transpired. So where was the dog when this happened? The videos show him confused, sad and looking for his owner, so was the dog drugged?
- His autopsy report showed asphyxia due to hanging, which itself does not mean suicide, it could mean he was strangled by someone, and then the whole thing could have been staged as a suicide.
- While the viscera report showed there were no chemicals found in his body. The glass from which he had drunk pomegranate juice after going to his bedroom was missing in his room.
- The last calls he made were to Rhea Chakraborty, his girlfriend, at 1.47am and Mahesh Shetty at 1.51 am. Neither calls were returned.
His body was reportedly taken by his friend, Sandip to Cooper Hospital, which is run by BMC (Brihanmumbai Muncipal Corporation), which incidentally had come under fire recently after an audio recording of the doctors demanding bribe surfaced. Cooper Hospital, was the same hospital where actresses Jiah Khan (who was involved with Sooraj Pancholi), Divya Bharati (wife of Producer Sajjid Nadiawalla) and Parveen Babi (who had a relationship with director Mahesh Bhatt) were taken to after their death. It was later reported that Mahesh Bhatt knew a doctor in Cooper Hospital.
• The final postmortem report by five doctors said it was clear case of suicide, and that there was no struggle or injury marks on his body. Which, however is being proved otherwise by photographic and video images of his body.
• Before his body was taken, a video reveals that his finger was moving, showing a cadaveric spasm (stiffness of the muscles in extreme cases) which was then covered with a cloth by someone.
Well,,, all these loopholes into Sushant’s suicide theory, as given by the Maharashtra police, makes us think twice about if the incident really took place the way it is being understood or if it was a very tactical conspiracy.
There has been many incidents to prove the inefficiency of Maharashtra police in dealing with this particular case which makes it really very important to have a CBI probe into the matter.
Millions of Sushant’s fans must be delivered their justice. For that, we strongly demand for a CBI probe into the matter.
• Shall keep you all updated with the developments herein.
• Do comment your views.